The state of the water does change when the water is heated or chilled. When heated, the ORP and pH changes. When chilled, the ORP will change but the pH will remain the same for up to a week based on the quality of water.
- Kangen Water® is intended for everyday drinking and cooking rather than for drinking with medication. The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare gives the following directions:
- Do not take medication with machine-produced water.
- Do not drink machine-produced water if you have anaciditas1
- Seek help from a doctor or pharmacist if you feel an abnormality in the body, or continued intake does not appear to improve symptoms. This is because the effectiveness of medication using Kangen Water® has not yet been tested. The pH level of stomach acids is about 1.8pH, and medication is prescribed in accordance to this pH level in order for it to take effect past the stomach. Therefore, to ensure full effect of the medication, we recommend leaving some time between taking the medication and drinking Kangen Water®.
1Anaciditas - This symptom, also known as gastric acholrhydria, is found in people with a stomach acidity higher than the average human pH level of 1.8pH. This makes it harder for them to digest food. These people should not drink alkaline Kangen Water®.
- The type of original tap water used affects the quality of Kangen Water® and acidic water produced by electrolysis. Although water produced with municipal city water is not affected, the efficiency of electrolysis drops when well water is used since it tends to hold a lot of free carbon dioxide1, as well as in cases where water comprising only a small amount of electrolytic minerals is used. Conversely, in cases where the water has excess minerals, the taste may be affected, or Kangen Water® produced may be too high in pH level. Since the water pressure of the faucet affects the production of water, it is important to confirm that genuine Kangen Water® is being produced by regularly checking that it is set at the correct pH level, and checking the bubbles. In order to take into account the differences in the quality of the original tap water, please run a check on a daily basis.
1Free Carbon Dioxide - Carbon Dioxide found in water. Some people prefer the taste of water with carbon dioxide, which tends to have lower pH levels. Water with less carbon dioxide is said to be better for the health. Japanese sake tastes better when there is a moderate amount of carbon dioxide in it.
- Depending on how it is consumed, and on the individual's physical state, it is possible (although uncommon) to experience constipation or diarrhea a few days to a few weeks after first starting to drink it. In herbal terms this is known as the Mengen effect1. The two conditions are particularly similar in that both cases, the remedy is so effective that it has a negative effect. If this occurs, the amount of intake should be reduced to half or a fourth of the previous amount until symptoms clear. Once symptoms have subsided, it is okay to resume intake. However, increasing the amount of intake will not alleviate the symptoms. Since halting intake completely may also affect the body, it is best to continue intake, but in lesser amounts. If there are no signs of improvement, please consult a doctor or pharmacist.
1Mengen effect - Your body may start hurting several hours or a day after you receive chiropractic. The technical term for this is the Mengen effect. It is a natural physical response, where the body tries to go back to normal after muscles and bones have been adjusted.
- Acidic water has a pH of around 5.5-6.5 and strong acidic water has a pH of lower than 2.7. The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare has certified acidic water as an astringent1. Strong Acidic Water has excellent cleaning characteristics and can be used to clean household surfaces and to remove pesticides, dirt and other impurities from food.
1Astringent - Acidic water works as an astringent for toning your skin. 'Astringent water' refers to acidic beauty water.
- Because winter air is extremely cold and dry, skin care is especially important during this time. Without taking care of your skin properly, you will suffer from dry and rough skin. Bodily fluids play an important role in maintaining your body temperature and the health of your skin. Drinking alkaline Kangen Water® can help maintain glowing, smooth skin. Since it is important to maintain your skin's pH level between 5.0 and 6.0, we recommend spraying acidic water1 on your skin at regular intervals throughout the day. During the winter, bathing in acidic water can help preserve the moisture of your skin. We also recommend that you eat foods and fruits that include high levels of vitamin C, A and E. Treating your skin with beauty water will let you enjoy life even more by giving you smooth and youthful skin.
1Acidic water - Acidic ionized water produced by electrolysis with a pH between 4.0 and 6.5. Its astringent effect is certified by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. Excellent for skin care.
- Among the five types of water produced by LeveLuk, the two types for drinking (purified water/Kangen Water®) must be used fresh. Please keep these two types of water in the refrigerator for no more than 4-5 days and replace the water in your take-out bottle everyday. For water used for domestic purposes, including Acidic Water, Strong Acidic Water and Strong Kangen Water, less care is required, but we recommend changing your supply once a week. To store, please place the water in a lightproof container1, fill it to the very top to avoid unnecessary contact with air, and store it in a cool, dark place (the refrigerator is ideal).
1Lightproof container - Container that keeps light out.
- It is most common to begin by setting a low pH1 level (between pH8 and pH9.0), and gradually increasing the amount of intake. After continuing regular intake for about two weeks, gradually adjust the pH level and amount of intake (between pH9.0-pH9.5) based on your bodily needs and physical condition. The Kangen Water® should be as fresh as possible.
- For children or seniors, set the pH level at an even lower level upon starting, and gradually increase it as the body adjusts to the current pH level.
- In the case of infants (until about a year old), since breast milk or milk is the only thing they consume, the intestinal movement is generally different from adults, and the use of Kangen Water® is not encouraged until the infant begins to consume more sophisticated foods. In any case, Kangen Water® should not be used to make powdered milk for infants.
1pH - The logarithm of the reciprocal of hydrogen-ion concentration in gram atoms per liter. It is used as a measure of the acidity or alkalinity of a solution on a scale of 0-14 (where 7 is neutral).